Sunday 9 November 2008

Winnow: [v] Reduce Down To The Best

So I am beginning this week with a list. Thus far, I've come up with a few different topics for my RSA project. Time is running out and I need to figure out what it is that I want to focus on. You can't really create any kind of campaign if you have no focus. So I am going to list my ideas, and by the end of the week, I will have winnowed it down to the best of the best... in terms of what would be good for me to work on.

1] The Little Things: small ways that we can make an impact on our environment without going out of our way
2] Think Before You Do: being self-aware is the best way to contribute to society... know what you believe and what you want for yourself.
3]Better Choices: things to look for to reduce the negative impact of our consumption without changing volume.
4] Know Before You Vote: don't accidentally change your future; learn about what you're choosing before you choose it.
5] Identity: be a factor of your environment- not a product.

I think in general you get the idea. I am trying to motivate young people to THINK FIRST. There are too many ignorant choices made in a day. How many of them are affected by what we really think and believe, and how many are just a product of what we have [or haven't, for that matter] been told? Also, we make choices that affect our future, and we say we don't care, then down the road we're upset with the outcome. Let's start using our minds ad change our future instead of becoming a victim of our own choices.