Sunday 2 November 2008

Contacts [People-- Not Lenses]

So I've made a few contacts. As part of my research I was required to make contacts, which, of course I did. But when I first re-evaluated my map, I realized that my research was going to need some really basic background that wasn't based on an idea. So I looked at making contacts in a whole new light. I started thinking that I needed more than an organization or two that already accomplished something I was trying to do. It's not just about what they did and how they got there. There are other motivating factors. Why does their organization even matter? What about the people they affect? How can we really meet people on another level? Many organizations are affective in reaching people, but usually they affect those who are already interested, or friends of people who are interested. The idea of my RSA brief is to change behaviour. I'm not interested in minimal change a little bit of motivation. What can I really do to change? How can I get a better look at people? What are some of the observations of modern behviour, especially the behaviour and attitudes of those who are apathetic?

So I am hoping that the contacts I've made [and am still making] really give me some background... some insight into moving people. I don't want to just teach people something minor, and make it look bigger than what it is. I want change for good to REALLY BE CHANGE for good.