Wednesday 12 November 2008

These Few Words

It's about time I defined my project and where I am headed. At this point, I think I've got it cleared up for the most part.

The goal of my project is to motivate a shift in public behaviour. The idea is to have maximum impact on my audience while making a minimum impact on the environment. My target audience is young adults 20-30: active people who notice things but don't always get deeply involved. My goal is not to motivate them to make a difference within themselves. They vote, they recycle, and they might even work out from time to time; but do they know why they do any of it? The focus of my campaign will be to get them to be more introspective. Todays choices change tomorrow's outcome... don't let it be a surprise. If we don't start thinking for ourselves now, we won't be able to later. 

I want a very simple campaign: mostly outdoor [they can be digital], and internet advertising. It will be highly visual to kickstart the cognitive process [sometimes we listen better to pictures than words]. I want it to be somewhat lighthearted- more like satire instead of blatant. If The goal is to get people thinking, ask them to think, make them think... don't think for them.

Schedule Goals:
15 November- solidify underlying theory
17 November- creative brainstorm
19 November- choose creative direction/begin creative work
27 November- refine creative work
01 December- final drafts

I'm actually really excited about this now that I've got a real sense of direction. I used to be so focused on the theory of behaviour motivation and concerned about people's laziness... but I think I am really going to come through the other side of this.