Sunday 30 November 2008

And The People Said...

I decided last minute to go ahead and do a survey. I had been thinking about it from the beginning but I had a million reasons not to and why it wouldn't work. In the en,d I decided to do a short little online survey. I invited an array of people on facebook to just fill some things out. I wanted to just get some kind of feel for my hypotheses and the truth of the state of people's thinking.

 As far as the margin of error goes, I'm not giving a great deal of importance to the survey because it isn't the highest in quality. Good thing, because the site deleted a question and replaced it with a repeat question. Oops. BUT I did see some interesting things. 

People are thinking... just not enough. They aren't very critical thinkers. Few people are really mapping out their decisions. They are making them, but not cognitively. They have reasons, but they are more like excuses: tame and irrelevant. A few people REALLY thought things out. You can see it in just a few words. Others are only regurgitating what they've heard. And some even admit to not cognitively giving their choices a chance! 

So now my campaign is really motivated by getting people to CHOOSE to think cognitively. Not just a flashing whisper before it's gone to hardly ever be recalled again.