Tuesday 4 November 2008

Let's Get Political

I know. I know. Politics. Bleh. I hate them too, but as today is November the 4th, I only think it appropriate that I say SOMETHING about it all.  I probably won't know who my next president is until late Wednesday or early Thursday. But this is definitely a momentous occasion. We will either have our first non-caucasian president, or our first female vice president. In America, both are a big deal as we really tend to stick to our stereotypes and expectations. Unfortunately, people tend to see those physical markers as definitive political information. [Which is exactly why it's a big deal in the US. People have such a hard time looking beyond the physical.] But I'm not going to rant and rave about any of my political stances or beliefs. As a matter of fact, I prefer to not discuss them because most people prefer arguing. And arguing gets us nowhere as the sole intention is to shout without listening or understanding. No thank you. BUT having the right to vote is a big deal, and it's always wonderful to see children being taught an unbiased view on the importance of government and democracy. So without further ado, I give you: You Can Vote However You Like. [Cute AND funny.]