Monday 3 November 2008

But How?

As I await responses from some other sources and organizations, I have decided to take a more academic approach. I actually found a document written about motivation and behaviour and I'm really excited to get into it. Hopefully, this document will give me a more grounded approach to the relationship between the two. As I prepare for the next step in my series of maps, I have to get pat the question of how. How do I helpp people? How do I motivate them? By the end of this week, I hope to have a better more decisive course of action on how to motivate people. Am I really going to encourage people to DO something, BUY something, CREATE something, SHARE something, etc? So for now, my research is really focused on how. But by next week, I am really going to start looking at what... What is it I am trying to motivate people to do?
Clearly I did a bit of editing, but it's apiece of a photo in my backyard at home. We have alot of greenery and this is actually my least favourite. I hate Bogenvilla because those crazy pink flowers get everywhere, but not here. I just cropped it out of a photo because I thought it looked so rmoantic. I had a painting professor who once said that ina painting, you should be able to just crop out pieces, and each piece should still be visualy stimulating. So I've started to look at every design, and every image in that way. Well, I thought this piece was more than stimulating... it's lovely. It's like a bit of serendipity. An accidental moment of loveliness that hardly ever gets noticed. Now that the plant has been trimmed, and the umbrella thrown out, I'll never see it again. But it was there, and I almost missed it.