Thursday 3 September 2009

Le Fin

It is finished. DONE.

I went to ge tthings printed and bound yesterday. Of course, the colors were atrociously dark so I had to do some last minute lightening. Unfortunately, even though I went in for test printing a week ago, the prints came out beautifully but darker than expected and a little blurry. So while it is "over" and I've completed the project for due date's sake, I am not fully pleased. But printing aside, I think the project is GREAT. The photography came out much better than I thought it would and my client was very happy indeed with the outcome. In fact, we may go on to work further on the book proposal and make it a reality. That would be WONDERFUL. I already have a couple of design projects lined up so it really is on the up and up.

Back to the project. I am turning it in and my heart is singing about a million lyrics of joy. I would definitely say I have grown in my design capabilities, although, there is plenty of room for improvement. I already have my next design goal in mind [learning Flash and gaining a better understanding of the RGB and CMYK relationship... the discrepancy between what I see on the screen and how things print is honestly the bane of my existance...]. Anyway-- Forward, march!!!