Wednesday 6 May 2009

The Final Proposition

Is it just me, or does the title of this post sound like the name of a Harrison Ford movie? Anyway... I have been thinking about the topic for my final project since the first day of courses in September. I pretty much had it narrowed down in February as to what I wanted to do. As I am interested in branding, I have decided to take on a business project.

I have a friend who has this "alter ego." She's a public personality. This persona isn't just another marketable name, rather she is very unique and powerful while being incredibly "feminine." I have always found it interesting and she has always talked about actually having a stage name and promoting this character. So I am in the process of researching and gathering background on not only creating this identity, but building it as a marketable entity and setting down some definite guidelines on how to publicize and use this identity from putting on a show to designing a coffee table book.

I am fully aware that this is a Goliath project, but I'm eager to get a bit messy and figure some things out about branding and identity building and management.